Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Footprints In The Sand



I dreamed that I was walking along the sands of time;
It seemed I saw my whole life flash before my eyes.
The One Who walked beside me gently led me by the hand;
Together we walked onwards-left our footprints in the sand.

And looking back, it seemed in times of heartbreak and despair,
I only saw a single set of footprints walking there.
When I questioned Him beside me, "Were You really always near?"
The answer that He gave me still echoes in my ear.

Footprints in the sand, walking side by side,
Walking on forever with Jesus as my guide.
(All the time / So many times)
I thought I walked alone, but His voice so kind and true
Said, "That single line of footprints was when I carried you."

Through every time of disappointment, every time of lonely tears,
There's one thing ever constant, never changing through the years:
There's a love that's so much stronger than our weary mortal frames;
There's a love that sees our weakness and loves us still the same.

And even though the storms may blow across that windswept sand,
And even when our trials may seem so hard to understand,
There's a voice that whispers softly with a promise all sublime,
"I am with you always until the end of time.


3 comments:

  1. I love this song so much. Thanks for posting this. I hope you can post an instrumental of this song too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song is very inspirational and encouraging. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey there thanks so much for this...can u tell me who the artist is?

    ReplyDelete